Saturday, October 4, 2008

Help?

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20080101134637AACrtNN

This I don’t agree with. I mean yeah, maybe if the kids knew their parents wouldn’t help them they would be safer. You are you seriously telling me that if your child got pregnant/ or got someone pregnant, you would just throw them out on the street to fend for themselves? You are throwing your grandchild out into a world of what? What is out there for the teenagers to give theirs child with little education, money, food? I mean seriously if you throw your own baby out into the world, how healthy is that baby going to be? The mother won’t have proper health care, or a healthy diet. So even though it’s not your “mistake” (mistake is used simply for a lack of a better term) it’s still your life. I know for me personally I couldn’t live with that.

3 comments:

Katie Minard said...

Hey Loren, we are supposed to present our subject this week. Did you want to do it separately then, since we haven't exactly talked about what we plan to do?

Rachel said...

Yeah I don't agree with that answer either. To be honest, I think most parents simply SAY that they will not help their children out if they got pregnant/got someone pregnant. I actually was pregnant my senior year of highschool, which just so happened to be 5 months ago. My parents are conservative and pretty strict and I always thought they would FLIP OUT and not ever want to talk to me again. I did not choose abortion, nor did I think I could handle raising a child by myself without a proper job and education in my background. I wanted to give my son the best life possible, which is why I chose adoption. Regardless, I thought they would "shun" me and all that, but they didn't. Not at all. They were so supportive and had to deal with it just as much as I did. But, if someone, unfortunately, does have parents that would write them off because of a pregnancy, there are means and ways a person can get help and provide for themselves while pregnant and afterwards as well. The world isn't ALL that evil =]. Nice post though.

Celestial Goddess said...

Well I don't think teens are getting pregnant on purpose so I don't think that knowing that their parents wouldn't help them would do very much. In my family one of the "rules" that has been passed down through my moms family is that there will be no grand-babies living in the house. My family is tolerant of so much but that is one thing that my family finds unacceptable. I also believe my mom would do it to. So I had to come up with a back up plan if I was to get pregnant. My really good friends mom said that she would allow me to stay with her and when I told my mom she was happy that I had taken her seriously and found a plan. I don't agree with this method and when I have my own children I will not be following on with this tradition. I don't understand how someone can throw two people out on the streets.